Saturday 2 November 2013

Welcome to my blogspot

Let me begin by introducing myself. I'm a massive book fan and have enjoyed reading since I can remember. I want to share that passion for books with you all and as I regularly post reviews of books that I've enjoyed on sites such as Amazon and Goodreads, I thought I might as well start my own blog and share with you on here as well.
So what do I enjoy reading? I love thrillers, mysteries and some romantic fiction. I'm quite partial to historical fiction and books set in foreign countries, especially those I've visited though my favourite  settings would be France, Greece or Thailand or perhaps somewhere really exotic that I can dream of visiting one day. In short, I love anything that has a got a storyline, great characters and setting. Not too much to ask then? What I don't particularly enjoy are vampires, blood and guts, science-fiction, steampunk or anything with heaving bosoms if you get my drift. It's not that there's anything particularly wrong with those genres, it's just that they don't particularly appeal to me - I'm sure they do appeal to millions of others readers though. I'm not prudish but don't really enjoy erotica per se but a well written scene that allows plenty of imagination betwen the sheets is fine.
My reviews are honest and are just my personal reaction to a book. If you ask me to review your book, I will do my best to oblige as long as it fits into a genre that I enjoy. I can't guarantee a time scale either but if you have an imminent deadline approaching I will do my best to fit you in. I don't believe in writing nasty reviews as I appreciate the effort that goes into each and every work. However, if I don't like a book I will say so and explain why. Please don't ask me to remove a review as in all fairness I'm not going to appreciate every single book and there has to be some point of comparison so don't assume they will all be 5 stars.
I accept ebooks for Kindle or paperbacks. A signed copy in the post will make my day but won't cloud my judgement in your favour!
So, if you would like me to review your book, I can be contacted at  ryanjulie956@gmail.com


Challenge Participant

14 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of book review blogging! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks JB - do I know what I've let myself in for????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie, good luck with your blogging adventure!
    Cathy Bramley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cathy and good luck with the new book

      Delete
  4. Hello and welcome to our little book reviewing and blogging community :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki - a new venture for me but there's a lovely book community on Facebook that have been very supportive. This is my way of supporting other talent, new and old.

      Delete
  5. Hi Julie - I've finally managed to get Blogger to work.

    Good luck with your venture and I'm sure it'll be a great success - I, for one, am very grateful for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lisbeth, here's to a new venture for all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to find a reviewer with similar tastes to my own. I'm sending Domingo's Angel for your consideration. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Love
    Jenny
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it Jenny as it sounds just up my street.

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your new novel and your new blog. Couldn't find a way to contact you (or did I miss it) but I'd like to tell you about my latest book that you might like to review

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can contact me at ryanjulie956@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete