Sunday 8 December 2013

The Dragonfly Door - Margaret Millmore

About the book


The Dragonfly Door by Margaret A. Millmore



A modern day time-travel suspense thriller

Most people would envy Frank Mann for living off a trust fund in beautiful San Francisco. But Frank was directionless and spiraling downward – lonely, drinking heavily, getting into brawls. He was sitting at a bar when above the gleaming bottles he first glimpsed the thing that would change his life forever.

“It was the largest dragonfly I’d ever seen. Its wings were silver and its body a luminescent blue-green, almost metallic. I swear it was looking right at me.”

But it wasn’t looking at him. It was looking for him. Because it wasn’t a dragonfly at all, it was a door into the future. And it was sent to find Frank Mann for one specific reason: because only he could save mankind from extinction… But success will not be as easy as stepping through the dragonfly door. (for a detailed synopsis, visit: http://margaretmillmore.com/home)


http://www.amazon.com/Margaret-Millmore/e/B005ME8QTQ


My review

I must be honest and admit that I really didn’t know what I was letting myself in for when I agreed to review this book. I am not a great fan of science-fiction in general although as a child I loved Doctor Who and the notion of time travel. Margaret Millmore’s ‘The Dragonfly Door’ surprised me with its highly imaginative plot. Although it’s about travelling in time, it is a kind of science-fiction plot which sounds entirely plausible and which I found enchanting.

It did take me some time at the beginning to sort out who was who and from which time but the more I read the more it became clear as the times converged. The main character is very well portrayed and easy to relate to. Some of the secondary characters though verged almost on stereotypes. There were plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader on the edge of their seat and the notion of going back in time having an impact on the future timeline was a concept that I loved.

This book is a fascinating read and will continue to haunt you long after you finish the last page.

Best for ....

Those who like plausible time travel with a twist

My rating

4/5  I enjoyed this much more than I expected

No comments:

Post a Comment