Monday 24 June 2019

One summer in Santorini


45318147

Sarah has had enough of men. It’s time to rekindle her first true love – travel – so she books a sailing trip around the Greek islands with a group of strangers.
The very last thing Sarah wants is to meet someone new… But then a gorgeous American man boards her yacht and she knows she’s in trouble. And when she also encounters a handsome silver fox who promises her the world, she realises that trouble really does come in twos.

Will Sarah dive into a holiday fling, embark on a relationship, or stick to her plan – steer clear of men, continue her love affair with feta, and find her own way after all?

Sandy  Barker 

I'm a writer and traveller with a lengthy bucket list and cheeky sense of humour. When I travel, I love exploring new places, outdoor adventures, and eating and drinking like a local. I’m also an avid reader, a film buff, a wine lover and a coffee snob.

My aim in life is to go, see, taste and do – and then write about it.

As well as blogging, I am a professional content developer and editor, a children’s playwright, and an occasional contributor to online magazines.

I am also an author and I write the heart – what makes it sing, what breaks it, and how it mends – and many of my travel adventures have found homes in my novels. My first novel, a romantic comedy set in Greece and inspired by my real-life love story, was published in June 2019 by One More Chapter (HarperCollins).

In 2018, my partner and I left Australia for a year’s sabbatical, living and working in Bali, the US, the UK, and Portugal. Inspired by stunning locations, incredible experiences and making new friends across the world, I wrote my second and third novels.

Now having settled back in Melbourne, I have just started writing my fourth.

My Review

This is not really a story about Santorini but a light-hearted story as Sarah, wanting to leave her broken love affair behind, embarks on a sailing trip around the Greek islands. I loved the descriptions of the various places they visit and the different relationships between the travellers. The book did make me think wistfully of my own youth when anything seemed possible but that is also the attraction of Greece. If you long to leave the humdrum daily life behind and can't afford to sail around the Greek islands, then this book is the next best thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment