Monday 18 May 2020

As Greek as it gets



Let the hot Greek sun melt all your troubles away… A laugh-out-loud read full of warmth, joy and summer feeling!

Alice Clark is delighted when her boyfriend Max proposes. From her dead-end job to her straight-up-dead houseplants, her life hasn’t exactly turned out how she imagined, so she can’t wait to start some wedding planning.

But the intimate affair she imagined soon grows wildly out of control, along with Alice’s doubts. Just as 
things reach breaking point between the couple, Alice’s best friend whisks her away for an escape to a sun-kissed Greek island.

Sandy beaches, crystal clear waters and a cocktail – or three – and Alice soon finds herself letting loose and relaxing into the Greek way of life. When she visits a gorgeous village nestled in the hilltops overlooking the sea, and meets a friendly local woman with a very special business – and a very handsome son – Alice is surprised by how drawn she feels to these people and this life.

As the sun sets on her Greek holiday, Alice knows she has some big decisions to make. Will finding herself mean losing the life she had planned? Or could it be the start of something else entirely?

A feel-good read perfect for fans of Carole Matthews, Jenny Colgan and Sophie Kinsella.  

Author Bio:



I live in Lancashire with my long term partner Derek and have had a lifelong love of writing, encouraged by winning a school writing competition at the age of 11.

I always assumed that ‘one day’ I would write a book, always having a busy household and a job, the idea remained firmly on the back burner but never forgotten.

The inspiration for my first novel came to me on a holiday to a Greek village. My daughters had left home and suddenly the time had come to write that book! 


Buy Links:

Google Play: https://bit.ly/35ROWwh

My Review

As I should have been reading this book right now on a greek beach, my back garden has to be second best. This book provides a wonderful escapist trip to Greece and I found myself devouring the easy to read style - so much so that I finished it in a day. I couldn't wait to find out what decision Alice would make and to be honest, my heart was in my mouth on a couple of occasions.

There were a couple of things that got me wondering. I did a jeep safari tour myself in Crete and I'm pretty sure the guide wouldn't allow a tourist to drive. There was also poetic licence in the book regarding weddings in Greece as I'm sure a period of residency would be required. However, as a greekophile I really enjoyed the book, its settings reminded me of places I've visited and I engaged totally with the characters and their journey. Looking forward to the next one.




No comments:

Post a Comment