Wednesday 7 July 2021

Secrets on the Italian Island

 


Secrets on the Italian Island

Her work has got in the way of relationships before – but never like this

Anna’s job as a geologist takes her all over the world, including to the beautiful island of Elba, where she’s sent to look for precious metals. And the island isn’t the only thing that’s gorgeous – she can’t believe her luck when she meets windsurfer Marco and sparks fly.

But Anna must keep her role on Elba a secret to avoid upsetting the locals, which means lying to Marco even as they grow closer. When her old friend Toby visits, Anna suddenly finds herself torn between the attentions of the two men. However, Anna’s not the only one keeping secrets.

Is Marco being entirely honest with her? And why did Toby really come to visit?

A fun and escapist romance, perfect for fans of Lucy Coleman and Alex Brown.

 

Purchase Link - mybook.to/SecretsIsland

Author Bio 




 I’m a man. And a pretty old man as well. I did languages at university a long time ago and then lived and worked in France and Switzerland before going to Italy for seven years as a teacher of English. My Italian wife and I then came back to the UK with our little daughter (now long-since grown up) where I ran a big English language school for many years. We now live in a sleepy little village in Devonshire. I’ve been writing almost all my life but it was only seven years ago that I finally managed to find a publisher who liked my work enough to offer me my first contract.

The fact that I am now writing romantic comedy is something I still find hard to explain. My early books were thrillers and historical novels. Maybe it’s because there are so many horrible things happening in the world today that I feel I need to do my best to provide something to cheer my readers up. My books provide escapism to some gorgeous locations, even if travel to them is currently difficult.

Social Media Links – 

Website: www.tawilliamsbooks.com

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/tawilliamsbooks

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TrevorWilliamsBooks/

My Review

I'm not sure where Trevor gets all his ideas from? Each time I think the next book can't possibly be as good, and each time it somehow seems to be even better.

I loved this story, partly because the location of Elba made it stand out from the ordinary, but also because of the wonderful characters. Anna's background is also different from the usual female jobs so again a win-win.

The conflict as Anna is torn between old neighbour Toby, and exciting Marco didn't feel at all contrived. we all know which one she should go for, but will she?

The ending also got me; very poignant with a kind of Indiano Jones twist. I'm saying no more - just read the book.





No comments:

Post a Comment