Monday 4 November 2013

Jenna's Journey



Jenna's Journey

My debut novel is called 'Jenna's Journey' and is a romantic mystery set in Greece. Part of my inspiration in writing this novel was a love of the country gleaned over many years but it is essentially a reminder of when I lived there during the eighties. I taught English as a Foreign Language and although the work is fictional, some of the amusing things that happened at that time may inadvertently have found their way into my book.
I have always written, mainly short stories and poems but this is my first novel. Ironically it also started life as a short story until inspired by my good friend Linn B Halton, it developed into the work you see today. I thoroughly enjoyed the writing process even when my charaters took off in a totally different direction to what I had planned. Maybe especially when that happened! It did mean lots of frustrating moments though when I had to totally rewrite the story and change the characters until it evolved into somthing quite different to the first version. Looking back I probably have enough material from the rewrites to write another novel.
Having finished the book, I must admit to feeling a bit bereft, so while the setting is still fresh in my mind, I am currently writing a second book, 'Sophia's Story'. It is set in the same location but with different characters although one or two characters from 'Jenna's Journey' may make an appearance. You see, they won't leave me alone now!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading my work and enjoy the various talent also showcased on my site.
Jenna's Journey is available as an e-book on:


myBook.to/JennasJourney



When Jenna decides on a whim to go to Greece, she’s trying to escape her failing marriage.  Will Greg let her go so easily though? Can she make a new future for herself and how did she get involved in an antiques smuggling ring? Is fellow holidaymaker Tom all he seems and will it be happy ever after with Nikos?  It’s not until twenty-five years later that some of the questions are finally answered.









1 comment: